"Student Services' commitment to diversity resonates in a climate of trust among all members of the campus community. We harness the vitality of individuals in our community to achieve mutual respect, dignity and a communal sense of purpose to work toward a unified tomorrow." - Student Services
- Expand Student Services advocacy roles, and reinforce our campus community's commitment to notions of inclusion and social equity.
- Develop a shared understanding of diversity and inclusion within Student Services.
- Foster and maintain a culture of accountability for performance in cultural competence, diversity, and inclusion.
- Ensure all policies and procedures pertaining to hiring, onboarding, professional development, and managing stuff within Student Services is conducive to providing and maintaining a respectful, equitable, and culturally sensitive workplace environment.
- Establish and maintain a "culture of evidence" for our efforts in nurturing diversity and inclusion.
We respect, recognize, and celebrate the differences and similarities that students bring to the campus community. A truly diverse and inclusive community benefits all students, staff, and faculty. We are committed to holding ourselves accountable to be culturally competent and socially responsible for the cultural campus climate. These Web pages are devoted to issues of diversity, inclusion, social equity, multiculturalism, as well as all notions of human social differences and similarities. We explore human "similarities" not to dilute the importance of historical underpinnings but to help understand our human interconnections, despite continued cultural discord. We expect every member of the campus to practice the UCSC Principles of Community.
Diversity & Inclusion Program Services
- Courses at Stevenson College in Cultural Intelligence (CQ) and building facilitation skills
- Internships to develop professional skills, time management, and cultural competency
- Teaching Assistant positions for diversity and inclusion courses at Stevenson
- Advising support for students and student organizations
- Student programming support for culturally conscious, inclusive events
- Lending Library of DVDs, books, and other materials
- Diversity trainings and workshops for housing staff (Resident Assistants and CREs) and other student leaders and organizations
The Diversity & Inclusion Conference & Exposition will be in San Francisco for the very first time on October 28-30. From the website:
Successful organizations need culturally competent employees who can cross borders and navigate different cultures. This conference is ideal of D&I professionals who want to increase their credibility in their organizations, are willing to be bold and deal with tough issues, and want comprehensive strategies for D&I success.
CHECK OUT our Month of Awareness page! This page is updated monthly and provides great information on historical and cultural evenst related to each month.